Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2013

I Want To Hear Jesus

Before you ask...Yes, this is a teaching blog. I wish I had this cool blog with all these ethereal thoughts and whimsical words flowing across the page. I do think I am quite whimsical in nature, but God just won't let me do that right now! So, here goes.

Jesus' personal words to me have been the greatest treasure of my life. I hope to transmit any small nugget I can to help you get closer to Him! I pray that your hunger for Him will be so strong, you won't get enough! He is the TREASURE!

I have spoken with many who want to hear His voice. It is not complicated, but there are some basic concepts found in Scripture I want to break down so they are practical for you.

Think a minute about each question:

-What distance should I be from someone to hear them speak? 

-Have I honed the skill of truly listening to others? 

-If I hear lots of voices, how do I pay attention to the one I desire to listen to?

It is fair to say if you feel ashamed or unworthy, you may not feel confident to talk to Jesus. The blood of Jesus ONLY causes us to be worthy. Have faith in His blood to cleanse you every day (repent) and just go to God! The more you come to Him in this way, the easier it will be to enter His presence. Just do it. (Feelings have to get in line!)

And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. Hebrews 11:6  

Learn the way Jesus works.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:29. A yoke is an instrument of work and plowing. He is saying to learn from Him, His way is humble and gentle. His ways will lead you into a state of inner rest: rest from a busy mind, crazy emotions, and physical stress.


To learn from Jesus, you must learn to listen and hear His words. This may seem simple, but anyone who has tried to pray realizes the many distractions vying for your mind and heart. Here is what you need!


1. Focus your attention on Jesus.

2. Open your spiritual ears to hear Him.

3. Get close to Him, move your heart upward to Him.

4. Be receptive to WHATEVER He may say or impress upon you.

5. Listen to learn. Have your bible and notebook with you so you don't miss anything. Write everything down (every impression and thought.)

6. Submit your heart to obey.

7. Respond appropriately.

Here is an exercise for you:

-Play a few of your favorite worship songs.

-Thank God for the good things in your life. 

-Read Psalm 147:1-11. 

-Begin at Step 1 above.

I want to expound on each of these points in the following weeks. Tell me what you think about this subject! 


2 comments: