Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cleansing Prayers


See Psalm 51:2, 1 Corinthians 6:11, 2 Corinthians 7:1, Hebrews 10:22, James 1:27, 4:8, 2 Timothy 2:20-22, and I John 1:9.

Cleansing prayers are essential in a believer’s life. As we walk through certain life or ministry situations, we may begin to feel heavy or “dirty.” This would be the appropriate time to pray a cleansing prayer. As the priests washed their hands continuously while offering sacrifices to God, so we must be aware of our ongoing spiritual hygiene.

Father God, I ask You to cleanse me right now from anything that is not from You. Cleanse me of all my sins, wash me with the pure water of Your Spirit. I want to be pure and holy in Your sight and do not want to be stained by this world. Thank You for the blood of Jesus that cleanses, washes, and sanctifies me for Your service. I submit my mind, body, soul, and spirit to be cleansed right now. I dedicate my life again to You today. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Therefore, since these [great] promises are ours, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that contaminates and defiles body and spirit, and bring [our] consecration to completeness in the [reverential] fear of God. 2 Corinthians 7:1, AMP

So whoever cleanses himself [from what is ignoble and unclean, who separates himself from contact with contaminating and corrupting influences] will [then himself] be a vessel set apart and useful for honorable and noble purposes, consecrated and profitable to the Master, fit and ready for any good work. 2 Timothy 2:20-22, AMP
   

No comments:

Post a Comment