Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Forgive and Be Free


Fostering unforgiveness only hurts you. It chains you to another person's sin. It is emotionally and spiritually damaging. Jesus understood the freedom and power that is released when we allow God to fight for us. God desires for us to trust Him in our relationships. 

Will you trust Him enough to give Him your entire heart, every piece? Freedom awaits. 

See Matthew 6:15, Mark 11:25, and Luke 23:34.

The Bible teaches that if we do not truly forgive others from our heart, God can’t forgive us. If we do not forgive, He will not hear us. This prayer is to help you if you struggle with forgiving someone that has hurt you. You may have to be persistent with this prayer in faith until your emotions are healed and you “feel” the forgiveness.

Father God, I realize that I have been hurt and wounded by ______________________. I choose by an act of my will to forgive ____________________________ for (name sin). Help me to love and forgive like Jesus did on the cross. He was in active pain and still forgave those who were murdering Him. I release their judgment into Your hands and release them totally to You. I trust You to lead me and them. Thank You for the honor of forgiving and loving others. Thank You for forgiving me for everything I have ever done, for Your great mercy and grace. Heal my heart of all injury. I ask You to bless _____________________ right now. In Jesus’ name, Amen.


1 comment:

  1. Let's not forget that Jesus knew the moment He died that He was going to experience the torments of hell. He didn't just forgive them for killing Him, He forgave them for sending Him to hell even though He did nothing to deserve being there. It kind of makes all the grudges we hold against people look quite petty in comparison.

    ReplyDelete