Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Prayer of Repentance


Repent means to change your mind about sin. To make a u-turn on the road of life and begin to walk on the narrow road. Sin should be rejected in a believer's life. Ask God to help you hate any and all sin, and embrace His word and life.

See Psalm 103:12; Matthew 3:2; Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38; 17:30; I John 1:9; 2 Peter 3:9; Revelation 3:19.
 
Father God, I come to You to offer my body and life totally to You. I confess my sins of (name each sin). I fully admit that what I have done is wrong and sinful in Your sight. In Jesus name, I now ask that you please forgive me and wash away all of my sins by the blood that Your Son has personally shed for me on the cross. I also ask You, Holy Spirit, to give me the power to resist these particular sins. I now through an act of my will turn away from these sins. I forgive myself for sinning against You in this way. Thank you that my sins will no longer be remembered by You! Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Accountability is a key to overcoming sin. Something that has been a major hindrance to my walk of faith has been my lone ranger mentality. I didn't want to be that way, most of the time I didn't even realize I was that way. It was just the way I was raised to be. There are some sins that I had struggled with since the day of my salvation...I've been saved almost 20 years now. It wasn't until I forced myself to confide in a trusted brother and make myself accountable to him that I overcame it. Once I did that, the victory was SOOOOO AMAZINGLY EASY!!

    ReplyDelete